Friday, November 12, 2010

British musician Lee MacDougall, talks about Rob!

Dreaming Of Edward blog has an exclusive interview with Lee MacDougall!Lee has just released a new song, How to Be, which he had originally written for the film by the same name, starring Rob. Because of the typical red tape associated with production companies the song didn’t make it on the soundtrack and Lee got to keep it for himself. In the first video he talks about ‘How To Be’ & how he went about writing it after talking to Rob about his character of Art. But how, you might ask, did MacDougall meet Rob in the first place...

“Rob is really great. I met him through his sister, Lizzie*. I have been really good friends with her for quite a while. I really expect her (Lizzie) to do amazing things.”

 *Lizzie Pattinson:Rob's sister.She is also a musician!



Lee hit the fandom’s radar with his song, “Falling in Love for the Last Time”, which was widely thought to have been written by Rob about Kristen. MacDougall sets the record straight on the inspiration for the song-

“I don't think people do anymore do they? I really don't know how that started in the first place - I thought I set the record straight a while ago. I started getting emails about who wrote it, and I answered the first 20 or so and then I just gave up as there were too many. But I didn't really mind too much as more and more people were listening and everyone was being so positive about the song. Rob has amazing fans who are really supportive of his friends and stuff, and in a world where tabloids etc are always dragging people down, I think that that kind of positivity is really refreshing. As a songwriter it's nice to keep a little mystery over what inspires your songs as I think it's nice for people to draw their own interpretations of the lyrics and relate to things in their own way. My lyrics are very literal anyway - but it was inspired by a girl with green eyes, and it is very much a true story. It’s the emotion of knowing you met your soul mate and it being an unrequited love.”



ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH BOBBY LONG, SAM BRADLEY AND MARCUS FOSTER AND DO YOU HOPE TO TAKE THE SAME PATH THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN?

“I used to see Marcus quite a lot with Rob. They are very talented guys and all achieving great things and it's definitely inspiring to see how their careers have developed. But I think that my music is very different to theirs stylistically. We all came out of the same scene around the same time but I think that each of us are treading quite different paths in what we're doing musically.”

In this audio clip, Lee talks about Rob performing open-mic nights at a club called The Spice Of Life.




To listen to and buy Lee’s music and support him so he can tour the US and we can all hear him live, look for him on iTunes and check out his MySpace and Facebook accounts and of course, you can always follow him on Twitter as well @LeeMacDougall.
Full Interview at the source (Dreaming Of Edward)
Thnks to TwittahMom

 

No comments:

Post a Comment