In 2010, celebrities, actors, actresses, musicians, business moguls and politicians helped the online auctioneer Charitybuzz raise $25 million, no small feat during a year when charitable giving remained a tough sell in a struggling economy.
Top Celebrity Auctions of 2010
1. Win an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Las Vegas Strip Tourbillon Limited Edition watch signed by Jay-Z, to benefit Broadway Cares — $220,000
2. Meet Paul McCartney at the Apollo Theater with VIP Tickets, to benefit the GREEN Schools Initiative — $130,000
3. Meet Robert Pattinson on the set of Twilight: Breaking Dawn, to benefit the GO Campaign — $85,000
4. Have lunch with Rupert Murdoch, to benefit the Global Poverty Project — $85,000
5. Play golf with Tom Watson, to benefit The Pink Pony Fund — $80,500