Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rob talks to MTV about 'Cosmopolis' & who will play his wife: "There is, I think, but I don't think I'm allowed to say it yet,"

While the entertainment world waits for Robert Pattinson's completion of "Breaking Dawn," we can't help but look forward at the "Twilight" star's next edgy project: David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis."

Pattinson joined the project in January, with his costar Marion Cotillard dropping out shortly thereafter due to her pregnancy. After that, Kiera Knightly was rumored to have come on board, but later went on to deny it. During the MTV First livestream interview with Pattinson, he admitted that a new leading lady had been picked, he just couldn't disclose who she is.

"There is, I think, but I don't think I'm allowed to say it yet," he admitted before revealing: "I know Juliette Binoche is in it now, and Samantha Morton. It's going to be a crazy cast. Like, I have a feeling it's going to be amazing."


Rounding out the known cast is Paul Giamatti, who told MTV at Sundance that it was his excuse to "get to stalk [Pattinson]." But the man better known as Edward Cullen said that all he needed to seal his interest in the movie was knowing that Cronenberg is behind the camera.

"I had read the script about eight months ago and thought wow, this is something that hasn't been made in a long time," Pattinson said. "Which I think, like 'Water for Elephants' as well, I'm just trying to find that kind of stuff, because what else is the point. There's so much generic, everything's the same. So you might as well attempt to try something different."

No comments:

Post a Comment