Thursday, April 14, 2011

Scans & Translation: Rob's Interview with 'Tu Magazine' (Italy)!

Tu style interviews”I haven’t understand yet What Am I Doing Here”
Scans
imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com
 by Marco Giovannini
An english survey says that 87% of english women, of every age wouldreplace their husbands immediately with Robert Pattinson. And thesuspect is that everywoman in the world would do the same. Pattinson,25 next may 12, a very tall man (1.85 cm) skinny, pale and apparentlyunhappy (as vampires should be), is the center of a mass idolatrysimilar only to the Leonardo di Caprio’ s (Titanic )Another movie, Breaking Dawn, divided in two chapters (first will comeout november 18th 2011, second one november 16 th, 2012) after thatdate Twilight Saga and his Edward will be in retirement. And he andKristen Stewart will be free, if they want to , to live their lovefreely, a love that they never confirmed. Since the series begun, in2008, semi-unknown Parrinson, chosen between 5000 candidates, rise tothe 15th placement between most payed actors, for Twilight Saga heasked and obtained 12.5 $ milion for every movie; when he changedgenre he renounced to a lot of money: for his new job “water forElephants” he asked only 1.5 $ milion . “But I need to put my feetdown and to wake myself”, he says very seriously. Based on Sara Gruenmost successful novel, set in the ’30, the movie follows Jacob thatbecame a veterinary in a circus by chance. And falls in love withMarlena (Reese Whiterspoon), even if she is married with theringmaster and animal trainer August (Christoph Waltz).

What attracted you of this story?
RP: The script: I react to words and descriptions in a visceral way.If I can feel myself into the story immediately, this must be theright script to do.

In 2004′ Vanity Fair you had a little cameo as Reese Whiterspoon’sson. Now you become her lover: Hollywood’s miracles?
RP: Reese is not so happy that everybody’s talking about this thing,because she says that aged her. But, to think properly, she isidentical to how she was at the time. It was my first job and she wasso sensible to come to visit me, to help me with my lines, because shenoticed that I was terrified.Every Time director said “action”, Ibecame paralyzed. When I went with a colleague to the premiere of themovie in London, we saw his scene, and mine was cut off. Nobody havetold me that. So bad! I was planning serioiusly to give up withacting, before.. starting it”
This time, in love scenes, you did not feel paralyzed, didn’t you?Reese succeded to make feel me completely at ease. In the real lifeshe is exactly how she seems on screen: very very sweet, friendly,with a positive aura

And Christoph Waltz as the villain?
Words are not enough for him. This movie is going to be appreciated bymy mother, not only because is a romantic one, but because she willfeel proud about me too: I perform myself with two Oscar winners(Reese Witerspoon won for Walk the Line in 2006, Chisthoph Waltz in2010 with Unglorious Bastards) On the set sometimes I repeated my selfthe title of a book by one of my favourites writers , Bruce Chatwin”What Am I Doing Here”

When you were a child you were fascinated or scared by the circus?
I went to see a circus only one time, it was called Zipper Circus, Istill remember it. I liked the clown and to this clown happened a lotof funny things. But in a certain moment of the show there was a caraccident with mini cars. And my sister screamed to me “the clown isdead!”, and I ve burst into tears. Some years ago she told me that wasa joke.

how is your relationship with animals?
It is funny you’re asking now because I’m the new owner of a dog. aMut with some traces of german sheperd dog. I’ve adopted it from arefuge in Louisiana before they decided to kill him, and I cannot bearit. I don’t know how I will do because I always travel. I grew up witha dog, Patty and probably it is true that you’ll always be as a child.the weird thing is that he (he has not yet a name , but probably itcan be “bear”) one day was in a refuge and the next day he went withme in a five stars hotel room in Hollywood. It seems like “Lady andthe tramp” to me.

Speaking about Hollywood, that is like a circus, isn’it?
Maybe a little, is a world where illisions are created and they try tomake people believe in them.Have you accostumed yourself to fame?I don’t know what fame is, for real, because my inner life did notchanged at all (my values did not change at all)You’re a sex symbol?see below, at the word “hollywood illusions”, before twilight I wasunable to go out for a date with a girl

And now?
Yes If I wanted to. But I’m not the sex Symbol. He is Edward, the vampireHow are you spending the money you gained?I’m so used to be a penniless that I’m not able to spend them. Lastthing I buyed with a certain value is a vintage guitar

If You were not an actor what you have done in your life?

I was absolutely convinced to become a musician. Some times I stillperfom myself to. Performing my self to an audience gives you freedomand, to tell the truth, it blows my mind ( in a good way) as no moviecan.

You stiill write songs, don’t you?
I have no time for it

And are you still writing that two “famous” novels you were writingsome years ago?
I have no time for them too

How you see your future?

I know for now what will be my next movie, Cosmopolis, based on anovel by Don DeLillo, directed by David Cronemberg, and played also byPaul Giamatti Juliette Binoche, Mathieu Amalric. Another project thatwill make my mother proud of me, and I will repeat to my self What AmI Doing Here

Source & Translation : RobPattMoms|via

No comments:

Post a Comment